Many people in the world cannot afford fast CPU because of their cost but they can easily buy a 8 or 16 GB pen drive because they are not costly.
So we have a trick for you so that you can make your computer work fast with providing it extra space of pen drive. Many of you might already know this but many don’t.
How this works: Making your USB or SD card to act as RAM will increase space for Cache memory. Cache memory is a small memory in between CPU and Main memory which stores that files which are frequently used by a user.
Windows 7 users get Readyboost software by default in their windows. But Windows XP users need to install Ebooster.
**Note: Same Procedure is for SD Card.
For Win7, Just follow the following steps:
1. Insert your Flash Drive into USB port or insert you SD Card using memory card adapter.
2. Select the option “Speed Up My System” in the Autoplay Box.
**If Autoplay option doesn’t open then goto My Computer-> Right Click on your Flash Drive-> Properties-> Choose Readyboost Tab.
3. Now you can choose between two options:
– Dedicate this device to Ready boost: This will use entire memory of Flash drive as RAM.
– Use this Device: Using this you can Reserve space for storing data in USB and the space left will be used as RAM.
4. After following these steps click OK and there you go! Your USB is converted to RAM
**Note: This trick is reversible, to UNDONE :
– Go to My Computer-> Right Click on your Flash Drive-> Properties->Choose Readyboost Tab and Select “Do not use this Device” in the above step and Click OK.
Hope you find this helpful, please share it with your friends too.
Stay stunned for more interesting posts.